Cooking a vegetarian dinner is easier than ever before, with the increasingly widely available variety of fruits, nuts, and vegetables proving to be a hit with all kinds of diners. Whether you’re a diehard meat eater, or you’ve been a steadfast vegetarian for years, you’ll be surprised by how delicious your meals can be when you get inspired by the healthy traditions of the Mediterranean.
Top Meal Ideas from Vegetarian Restaurants Near Me
When you’re desperately searching for new meal ideas from the tastiest vegetarian restaurants near me, you might be surprised to find a local joint that serves all the delicious dishes you could ever imagine. Try out these ten popular plant-based meals.
- Zucchini carpaccio is a beautiful way to present this often-underrated vegetables. It’s simply divine with creamy and salty ricotta cheese.
- Buckwheat and mushroom risotto combines the meaty flavors of porcini mushrooms with the savory bite of a healthy grain substitute.
- Slow-cooked eggplant with tomatoes and a sprinkling of feta cheese is a brilliant way to enjoy the delights of vegetarian food near me.
- When it’s springtime, you can take advantage of the new crop of asparagus to make a frittata.
- If you’re looking for a Mediterranean treat that’s also low in calories and high in micronutrients like iron and folate, look no further than a kale a bulgur wheat tabbouleh with a zingy yogurt dressing.
- Be a little adventurous and try a special kind of Italian dumpling. Gnudi can be made with all sorts of wild herbs and vegetables, including nettles and basil. Top them off with a homemade pesto.
- You can never go wrong with pizza, and a Florentine version made with eggs and spinach is about as healthy as pizza gets.
- Cannelloni pasta tubes are used to make a traditional Italian dish with ricotta and spinach. This sumptuous vegetarian choice is best reserved as a special treat.
- Cauliflower can offer a surprisingly nutty flavor when you know how to cook it. Combine it with hazelnuts to create an incredible twist on a typical carbonara. It's so good that you won't even miss the original meaty version for even a second.
- When the cold weather sets in, comfort yourself with a warming butternut squash risotto. Enjoy this amazing dish and much more when you locate vegetarian food near me.
Get Inspired and Treat Your Palate
Whether you want to have a go at making your own, or you plan to enjoy a vegetarian dinner at your favorite local Mediterranean restaurant, your health and your palate will thank you for sticking with fruits, nuts and vegetables. Try out these 10 popular meal ideas and you’ll be coming back for more before you know it.